By Jennifer R. Keup
Peers have continually been a big impression on scholars’ collage event. Peer management courses will not be in simple terms pervasive but additionally supply a good skill to increase scholars’ adjustment, studying, improvement, and good fortune. This factor covers peer management as an rising high-impact perform in aid of twenty first Century studying results. In it, you’ll learn:
- The advantages of peer chief programs
- A historical past of peer education
- How to supply educational aid via peer education
- Peer management within the cocurriculum
- Integrating expertise into peer chief responsibilities
- Peers in doctoral education
- The structure of a high-impact and sustainable program.
This is the 157th quantity of thid Jossey-Bass sequence. Addressed to higher schooling determination makers on all types of campuses, New instructions for Higher Education provides well timed details and authoritative suggestion approximately significant matters and administrative difficulties confronting each institution.
Read or Download Peer Leadership in Higher Education: New Directions for Higher Education, Number 157 (J-B HE Single Issue Higher Education) PDF
Best college & university education books
-- Merri Rosenberg, schooling replace
The group university is poised to give a contribution past its personal group to internationally. To do so—to increase the paintings for the betterment of scholars and communities—it needs to interact the world over whereas construction capability. spotting the starting to be value of teaching scholars in a globalized international, this quantity explores the neighborhood university in a global context.
The severe grounded thought offered during this publication deals worthwhile insights at the social techniques and techniques utilized by mixed English for educational reasons pros (BLEAPs) at larger schooling associations, as they try to barter the demanding situations coming up from a brand new specialise in recruiting overseas scholars and trying to find different assets for his or her universities.
Making sure that larger schooling scholars are totally ready for lives as worldwide voters is a urgent drawback within the modern global. This publication attracts on insights from cosmopolitan proposal to spot how humans from diversified backgrounds can locate universal flooring. by way of utilising cosmopolitan insights to better schooling perform, Sarah Richardson charts how scholars may be given the chance to event a really foreign schooling, which emphasises deep cultural alternate instead of mere transactional touch.
- No Longer Invisible: Religion in University Education
- Centering Women of Color in Academic Counterspaces: A Critical Race Analysis of Teaching, Learning, and Classroom Dynamics (Race and Education in the Twenty-First Century)
- Education Studies in Ireland: the Key Disciplines
- Collaborative Learning and Writing: Essays on Using Small Groups in Teaching English and Composition
- The Future of the Urban Community College: Shaping the Pathways to a Mutiracial Democracy: New Directions for Community College, Number 162 (J-B CC Single Issue Community Colleges)
Additional resources for Peer Leadership in Higher Education: New Directions for Higher Education, Number 157 (J-B HE Single Issue Higher Education)
Peer Leadership in Higher Education: New Directions for Higher Education, Number 157 (J-B HE Single Issue Higher Education) by Jennifer R. Keup