By Michael Bernard-Donals,Janice W. Fernheimer
Read Online or Download Jewish Rhetorics: History, Theory, Practice PDF
Similar jewish literature books
During this absolutely revised and extended variation, Nickelsburg introduces the reader to the large diversity of Jewish literature that's not a part of both the Bible or the traditional rabbinic works. This comprises specifically the "Apocrypha" (such as "1 Maccabees"), the "Pseudepigrapha" (such as "1 Enoch"), the "Dead Sea Scrolls", the works of Josephus, and the works of Philo.
Mishpacha – kin is the tale of 4 girls residing in the smooth nation of Israel. every one arrives from a unique background—the anti-semitisim of Communist Russia; the particular suburbs of Tel Aviv; the poverty of Yemen; the comforts of center classification America—to reside in the confines of 1 domestic and one kinfolk.
Russian Poet/Soviet Jew: The Legacy of Eduard Bagritskii is a ground-breaking paintings of biography and literary feedback. Maxim D. Shrayer explores the matter of Jewish id within the early Soviet interval via analyzing the quick yet fabulous profession of Eduard Bagritskii (1895-1934), a massive Russian-Jewish poet.
Cosmopolitanisms and the Jews provides considerably to modern scholarship on cosmopolitanism by means of making the event of Jews valuable to the dialogue, because it lines the evolution of Jewish cosmopolitanism during the last centuries. The booklet units out from an exploration of the character and cultural-political implications of the transferring perceptions of Jewish mobility and fluidity round 1800, whilst glossy cosmopolitanist discourse arose.
- American Jewish Fiction: A JPS Guide (JPS Desk Reference)
- Die Münchner Schriftstellerin Carry Brachvogel: Literatin, Salondame, Frauenrechtlerin (Studien zur Jüdischen Geschichte und Kultur in Bayern) (German Edition)
- Längst nicht mehr koscher: Die Geschichte einer Familie (German Edition)
- The Codification of Jewish Law and an Introduction to the Jurisprudence of the Mishna Berura
- A Shtetl and Other Yiddish Novellas
- Howard Fast: Life and Literature in the Left Lane (The Modern Jewish Experience)
Additional info for Jewish Rhetorics: History, Theory, Practice
Jewish Rhetorics: History, Theory, Practice by Michael Bernard-Donals,Janice W. Fernheimer