By Harry T. Reis,Susan Sprecher
Library Journal top Reference 2009
"An first-class gateway to extra exam of any of the subdisciplines of courting technological know-how, or as a examine instrument in its personal right."
Relationships are basic to just about all domain names of human job, from start to loss of life. while humans perform fit, enjoyable relationships, they dwell, paintings, and research extra successfully. whilst relationships are distressed or dysfunctional, everyone is much less chuffed, much less fit, and no more efficient. Few facets of human adventure have as wide or as deep results on our lives.
The Encyclopedia of Human Relationships deals an interdisciplinary view of all kinds of human associations—friends, enthusiasts, spouses, roommates, coworkers, teammates, mom and dad and kids, cousins, siblings, buddies, pals, enterprise affiliates, and so on. even though each one of those connections is exclusive in a few admire, they percentage a typical center of ideas and procedures. those 3 volumes supply a cutting-edge assessment of the huge theories, thoughts, and empirical findings approximately human relationships.
- Compiles modern information regarding how humans imagine, consider, and act towards every one other
- Presents the simplest within the field—authors who've contributed major medical wisdom approximately own relationships over the last numerous decades.
- Offers a various method of courting technological know-how with contributions from psychology, sociology, verbal exchange, kin reviews, anthropology, body structure, neuroscience, heritage, economics, and felony studies
- Cognitive strategies in Relationships
- Communication Processes
- Creating and conserving Closeness
- Dating, Courtship, and Marriage
- The darkish aspect of Relationships
- Emotion methods in Relationships
- Friendship and Caregiving in Adulthood
- Health and the Biology of Relationships
- Methods for learning Relationships
- Personality and person Differences
- Prevention and service of dating Problems
- Psychological Processes
- Social Context of Relationships
- Social kinfolk in formative years and Adolescence
- Theoretical methods to learning Relationships
- Types of Relationships
Our relationships impression almost all facets of our daily lifestyles and are of deep curiosity to scholars, researchers, teachers, and laypeople alike. This Encyclopedia is a useful addition to any educational or public library.
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Human Relationships (Sage Reference Publication) PDF
Similar psychology & counselling reference books
Individuals with Borderline or Narcissistic character problems have a major psychological disorder that essentially impacts their intimate, own, and relatives relationships. usually they seem like in most cases performing at paintings and in public interactions, and Narcissists will also be powerful, within the brief time period, in a few paintings or social events.
Overseas evaluate of analysis in psychological Retardation is an ongoing scholarly examine examine into the motives, results, category platforms, syndromes, and so on. of psychological retardation. members come from wide-ranging views, together with genetics, psychology, schooling, and different future health and behavioral sciences.
Agir pour lutter contre le catastrophisme et los angeles sinistrose ! los angeles vie a été plutôt belle avec moi. J’ai toujours été heureux dans mon univers body of workers et familial. J’ai réussi mon parcours professionnel. J’ai european cette probability de pouvoir rester fidèle à mes engagements de jeunesse. J’ai milité, je me suis engagé, j’ai servi les autres autant que j’ai pu.
Contemporary years have noticeable loads of realization directed in the direction of the so-called "warm-look," investigating how "cold" cognition and "hot" have an effect on intermingle in belief and selection tactics. Following during this vein, this e-book discusses conceptual versions and study findings with admire to how impact affects non-conscious processing.
- The Mental Health Professional and the New Technologies: A Handbook for Practice Today
- Haunted by Parents
- Depressionen, Dysthemien sowie depressive Episoden im Kindes- und Jugendalter. Ursachen, Merkmale, Symptome, Diagnostik und Behandlungsmöglichkeiten (German Edition)
- Your Child's Social and Emotional Well-Being: A Complete Guide for Parents and Those Who Help Them
- Farbe um uns, Farbe in uns (German Edition)
Additional resources for Encyclopedia of Human Relationships (Sage Reference Publication)
Encyclopedia of Human Relationships (Sage Reference Publication) by Harry T. Reis,Susan Sprecher